Red count DOC
The Red of the Count, born in 1970, is the first expression of great quality and longevity produced in Sicily. Wanted and created by Count Giuseppe expresses the characteristics of the Royal Estate. At the origins Perricone and Nero d'Avola, cultivated with saplings in the vineyard San Lucio. Its history is long and made up of numerous evolutions including different types of aging (chestnut barrels from 1970 to 1987, oak barrels of Slavonia until 1991 and later tonneaux and French oak barrels). It was the first wine from Vigna Unica in Sicily.
- Vines: Nero d'Avola (52%), Perricone (48%)
- Naming: Sclafani DOC County
- Wine area: Royal Estate – Palermo – Sicily
- Vineyards: St. Lucius Vineyard
- Year of implantation: 1965
- Altitude: 480 m above sea level.
- Exposure: South/West
- Breeding system: sapling
- Type of pruning: short spur
- Density of strains for ha: 4.400
- Yield ql of grapes for ha: 58 ql
- Harvest epoch: September 17
- Fermentation: Traditional in red in stainless steel tubs.
- Fermentation temperature: beginning 20 degrees C and end 28 degrees C
- Fermentation duration: 20 days
- Malolactic fermentation: totally turning
- Aging: In 225-litre barrels of rovere French (Allier and Tronais), 100% new for 18 months.
- Alcohol content: 14.5 % Vol.
- Wine analytics data: pH 3.63 – AT 5.7 g/l – ZR 2.8 g/l – ET 32 g/l
The sale of alcohol to minors under the age of 18 is prohibited.
We do not deliver alcoholic beverages to minors.
The value added tax (VAT 7.7%) is included in the prices.
We reserve the right to change prices, vintages, and product availability.
5% for newsletter subscribers on the first purchase
The entire range of therravini.ch caters only to a Swiss clientele. No shipping abroad possible.
The wines are packaged in special packaging and shipments are made by a specialized haulier.
1-3 working days
Delivery costs - Shipping rates
Free shipping for orders over 100 CHF 🚛
for orders from 0 to 99 CHF:
0-12 bottles = CHF 15.00
13-24 bottles = CHF 30.00
Advance to our bank or postal account or by credit card / Pay Pal
Therra Vini sagl
Any complaints regarding the quantity and quality of the goods must be reported within 24 hours of delivery.
Jurisdiction: 6830 Chiasso
The personal information necessary for the processing of your order is collected and treated confidentially.